Nedgame will not stock PSP Go, has go at Sony
The Dutch-based retailer Nedgame has posted on its
website that they refuse to stock the new PSP
Go handheld, citing a few reasons as to why they will not.
According to the site, they will continue to support the PSP-3000
model in "abundance" but they will not stock the Go, ever.
The reasons the retailer posted for not stocking the Go are as follows
(original text was in Dutch):
- The Go has a much higher MSRP, at 249 euro compared to 169
euro for the 3000 model.
- No UMD drive means games MUST be purchased through Sony, at a price
determined by Sony.
- No chance of reselling the games or trading with friends.
- No chance of buying the games cheaper, used.
- No way to play imported games (US, EU, J)
- All games you "virtually" purchase become "virtually worthless" after
Giving a final go at Sony, the company adds that the Go handheld
creates a monopoly for Sony, while taking away freedom of choice from